Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Community Sampler Week #7!

It's block release Wednesday of the Community Sampler sew-along!

Community Sampler Squaredance Block

Today is the release of block SIX of the Community sampler! For those of you that are new here, Sharon Holland and I have teamed up once again to co-host this block-of-the-week community event and we're so exited to have so many sewing with us again! You can visit my Community Sampler Page above in my tabs bar to retrieve all of the released PDF's so far to jump in anytime!

Community Sampler Sew-Along

Today's PDF is for our SIXTH block -- Squaredance. Block instructions always come complete with cutting information plus step-by-step illustrations, but be sure to visit my co-host Sharon's blog for additional images and tips for this week's block. This week we're revisiting the make-four-at-a-time flying geese method and the two-at-a-time HST method, plus Sharon has included a "Wild Card" option to add some free-style fun to the Squaredance block if you'd like OR you can join me in making this one just as directed in the PDF!

Week #7 of the Community Sampler

For my own Squaredance block I'm using three bold, colorful prints from my Love Story collection -- Soulmate Blooms Lust, Daring Tribal Noir and Hugs and Kisses Warm!

Week 7 Fabrics

bold prints and color

My Soulmate Blooms print was designed with this style of quilt block in mind -- a pretty bouquet of flowers that can be easily fussy cut and framed with additional fun prints!

Week 7 Squaredance Block and Fabrics

This combination of prints & colors definitely makes a statement and I think it will look really great positioned at the center of the middle row of my Community Sampler! Adding in a little black to my Love Story collection felt like a brave and unique choice, and I am so happy I did. This black & white print provides just the right vigor to liven up my sampler quilt plan!

Squaredance Block

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your Squaredance blocks! When you share on Instagram use the hashtag #CommunitySampler and be sure to tag @sharonhollanddesigns and myself @maureencracknell so we can visit and see your beautiful blocks!

Using #CommunitySampler hashtag will also automatically enter you in the weekly IG Giveaway pool! Remember that your Instagram account does need to be a public account for your post to show up in the Instagram hashtag pool. But please don't worry, if you don't have Instagram or you'd like to keep your account private, we will also be hosting the same giveaway prize, alternately between Sharon's and my blog, so you can choose how and where to enter each week!

Thank you, Sponsors!

Be sure to check back here on Friday for more info on this week's Community Sampler Giveaway with our wonderful sponsor Lady Belle Fabric!

xo Maureen  

3 comments:

  1. Yours is beautiful. I hope some day to have some of this fabric!!!
    I am ready to make this pretty block. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and mad skills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! a statement indeed....Soulmate Blooms is my favorite in this whole collection. Beautifully done Maureen.

    schimmel(dot)db(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric you chose for your block.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!